Winter holidays in Essex – so much to see and do!
Are you searching for the perfect location for winter holidays in Essex? Wondering what things you can do in the county over the winter period?
Here at Waldegraves Holiday Park, we’ve put together a mini guide of all the fantastic things you can see and so this winter. For winter holidays in Essex, look no further than our park, which is only a short hop from major attractions and the perfect place to see all the great local events – and there’s plenty of entertainment on site too!
With Christmas just around the corner, a winter holiday means you can get all festive! Visit Xmas fayres and events across Essex – and pick up some great stocking fillers and Christmas ideas!
Top 10 things to do on winter holidays in Essex
Take a look below at just some of the great things you can see and do this winter in Essex!
- Autumn Festival at RHS Garden Hyde Hall, November 5-6: Visitors can enjoy many different demonstrations including horse logging, willow weaving, pole lathe turning and wood carving as well as woodland walks, live music and tasty food treats.
- The Beth Chatto Christmas Fayre, Beth Chatto Gardens, November 26-27: Christmas breaks in Essex aren’t complete without a visit to Beth Chatto gardens at this time of year. Visit this wonderfully festive two-day craft fair, featuring local crafters and their wares. Ideal gifts for friends and family! There will also be carol singers, with mulled wine, mince pies, crafts and more!
- Christmas Shopping Evening at RHS Garden Hyde Hall, November 17: Enjoy the festive atmosphere of this exclusive evening with 20% off all purchases*. There’s also a Christmas market, local choir, Santa and tasty treats in the café.
- Santa Trains at Mangapps Railway Museum, weekends from Dec 3-24: Take your little ones on a train ride to see Santa There’s also a festive fayre for all and entrance to the museum. Pre booking essential.
- Christmas Crafts at Fingringhoe Wreck Visitors Centre, December 23: Create some cool yule crafts at the nature reserve, just a short distance from our holiday park.
- Christmas Fayre at Maldon, November 24: Watch the Christmas lights being switched on and pick up some festive gifts at this popular Xmas fayre!
- Christmas Fayre at the Museum of Power, Maldon, December 11: Come along and meet Santa! Stalls, music and miniature steam train rides are available (suitable for ages 2-12)
- Winter Wonderland Weekend at Abberton Reservoir Visitor Centre, December 17-18: Come and meet Santa in his magical grotto and get a present to take home, enjoy a festive nature trail and make some Christmas Crafts.
- See a pantomime! There’s loads of Christmas-themed productions taking place across Essex this Winter, including Snow White, Dick Whittington and Sleeping Beauty – the kids will love it!
- Take part in the Santa Fun Run, Colchester, December 4: Hundreds of people will don their Santa suits and run through the streets of Santa in aid of charity this December – and you can either take part of witness the spectacle yourself!
Want to know more about winter holidays in Essex? Visit our dedicated winter breaks page to discover great deals and learn more about the accommodation and entertainment on offer this winter!
For more information call us on 01206 382898 or book on-line today!