Walking holidays in Essex
For walking holidays in Essex, stay at Waldegraves Family Holiday Park. Our caravan park is ideally located from where you can experience the beauty of the Essex coast and countryside. Enjoy walks around some of south east England’s most breathtaking scenery; discover coastal walks alongside rivers, estuaries and streams or country strolls surrounded by fields and farmland.
Our base on the beautiful Mersea Island means there’s dozens of great walks available – some starting right on your doorstep. So put your best foot forward and enjoy walking holidays in Essex!
Which walks can I do nearby?
To help you plan your stay with us, we’ve put together a list of some of our favourite walks, which are all within close proximity of our Essex holiday park.
- Mersea Island – 13.5 miles, 5.5 hours: This is a simple walk around the island. The northern half is quiet and consists of walks along the sea wall, with tidal flats on one side and farm land on the other. The southern half is different, with much of the walk along the beach.
- Wickham Bishops – 3.5 miles, 1.5 hours: This is a nice easy stroll in the countyside near Wickham Bishops. From the church the route heads north and takes in a small wood before meandering along the banks of the River Blackwater, through Benton Hall golf course, and passes beneath the last wooden railway viaduct in the country.
- Langford – 4.5 miles, 2 hours: This walk begins at the junction of the River Chelmer and Blackwater at Beeligh Falls and continues alongside the fishing lakes at Maldon. It goes through flat open countryside and then on the towpath alongside the Blackwater Navigation canal.
- Bradwell On Sea, Dengie – 12 miles, 4.5 hours: This walk takes in mudflats, coastal views, sandy beaches and the ancient Chapel of St Peter on the wall. Although it is a long walk, it’s not demanding and there’s plenty to see on your journey!
- Tollesbury Wick – 9 miles, 4 hours: This beautiful coastal walk wakes in the historic centre of Tollesbury, the marina and along the sea wall beside the Blackwater Estuary – located across the water from our holiday park. The waters are often filled with sailing boats and yachts. The walk offers some fantastic panoramic views across the estuary and Tollesbury Wick Marshes, which are designated as Site of Special Scientific Interest because of their importance to migratory birds.
The above walks are just a few of dozens that you can enjoy within a short distance of Waldegraves Holiday Park in Essex. This region is a walker’s paradise, whether your prefer a coast or country backdrop. So, if you’re looking at walking holidays in Essex, book your stay with us today!