Golf holidays in Essex
For future the Rory McIlroys and wannabe Tiger Woods of this world, choose golf holidays in Essex for your next break. Essex is a region blessed with some of the UK’s finest golf courses, from championship links courses to lush parkland courses – there’s something for everyone.
Golfers of all abilities will love the variety and choice available at the region’s courses.
And for golf holidays in Essex stay at Waldegraves Holiday Park. From our caravan park, you’re close to many of the county’s top courses, meaning you can pack your clubs in the car and within minutes you’re on the first tee!
Some of the finest golf courses in the south east of England
To help you decide where to test those golfing skills, we’ve put together a list of some of our favourite local golf courses…
- Five Lakes, Maldon (8 miles away): Play two of the best golf courses in Essex at Five Lakes. Both courses are built to USGA standards. The Lakes Course is stunning – here you will need long drives and accurate approaches to score well. The Links Course is slightly less challenging but still tough for the average golfer. Here there’s plenty of variety with narrow fairways and well-placed greens.
- The Essex Golf and Country Club (20 miles away): Enjoy a round at one of Essex’s best golf courses. This 18-hole championship course provides a challenge to golfers of all abilities, with 14 lakes and many well-placed bunkers. The club also has impressive leisure facilities, including a gym and swimming pool.
- Benton Hall Golf and Country Club (16 miles away): This 18-hole championship course has built a reputation as being one of the best venues in Essex for golf and corporate days. It is set amongst the picture postcard beauty of the bluebell woods in the Blackwater Valley and river meanders through the course itself.
- Birch Grove Golf Club (8 miles away): This pretty parkland course boasts some of the best greens in Essex. This small but challenging course is ideal for golfers of all abilities. Navigate tree-lined fairways and picturesque holes.
- Stoke by Nayland Golf Club (19 miles away): Choose from two 18-hole championship courses – the Constable Course and the Gainsborough Course, the latter of which boasts a hole (10th) which has been voted one of the most outstanding holes in East Anglia by the PGA.
The above courses are just a few of the many stunning courses that you can play nearby. For golf holidays in Essex stay at Waldegraves Holiday Park – and you’ll be a short drive, if you excuse the pun, from some of the best fairways in England.