On your doorstep: all the great things you can do nearby…
Holidays in Essex at Waldegraves Holiday Park are truly memorable. Our fantastic location on the beautiful Mersea Island makes for special holiday memories that will last a lifetime.
There’s so much to do nearby – from great family attractions to top destinations. To help you plan your stay with us, we’ve put together some of our favourite places and activities – that are all right on your doorstep.
Take a peek below…
- Explore the local area and take a walk around Mersea Island. The small island of Mersea that our holiday park calls home is definitely worth exploring. Here you can discover coastal walks along rivers, estuaries and streams or country strolls surrounded by fields and farmland. Check out some of our favourite walks here…
- Visit Cudmore Grove Country Park in East Mersea. This is area of stunning natural beauty, located in the far East of the island. There’s a great beach, which is perfect for a picnic. Also, a visitor’s centre, bird hide and special events also take place here during the summer months.
- Enjoy some of the finest local seafood, right here on Mersea Island: You can’t visit the island without enjoying some of the best seafood in the land, can you? We’re blessed to have some of the best seafood eating houses in Essex right on our doorstep. Two of our favourites are the Company Shed and West Mersea Oyster Bar.
- Do you enjoy a nice drop of wine now and then? Well, you really should pay a visit to Mersea Island Vineyard, which produces over 20,000 bottles of wine per year! Take a tour around the vineyard and sample some of the glorious white and sparkling wines (which go very well with the local seafood!) and explore this ten acre estate to the north of the island.
- Just a short distance away is the Tiptree Jam Factory and Museum, home to one of the most famous brands of jams in the country. You can also bag yourself some rather tasty souvenirs!
So, if caravan holidays in Essex are at the top of your list for future breaks, but you don’t want to travel far to see the best the county has to offer, then a stay at Waldegraves Holiday Park is definitely for you! Contact us today on 01206 382898 or book on-line now!