Summer holidays at our caravan and campsite in essex
Pack up those shorts, remember your flip flops – and don’t forget the sun cream! Yes, summer is finally here! And you can make the most of the sun, sea and sand at our caravan and campsite in Essex.
Waldegraves is the number one choice for summer family holidays with a huge range of things to do on-park, including fishing, football golf, crazy golf, pitch and putt and our outdoor swimming pool.
We’ve also got a great range of live entertainment in the peak summer weeks, from comedy to some of the stars of television, all performing for you.
Our location is also pretty special. Make the most of the summer sun and explore beautiful Mersea Island, with its beaches, attractions, nature reserve and great places to eat and drink. You can even bring your boat and jetski and make use of our slipway for hours of fun on the water at high tide!
What is there to see and do in the summer?
As well as all the great activities available on park, Summer in is also a time when there’s loads of great events taking place locally – and our caravan and campsite in essex is the best place to see them all.
Here’s just a few of our favourites…
- Maldon Festival, 24th June – 8th July: The Maldon Festival celebrates its ten year anniversary this year! There will be a Russian theme this year to mark the centenary of the Russian Revolution. Maldon Festival brings you professional music, theatre, recitals, opera, visual arts & more.
- Harwich Festival, 22nd June – 2nd July: This is a combined arts festival and alongside the visual art there is a wide range of music with major classical concerts, jazz, folk, stunning solo artists and the Harwich Music Collective – a celebration of local musicians in a wide range of genres.
- Clacton Relay Family Fun Weekend, 15th July: Come along and enjoy the 8th Clacton Relay Family Fun Weekend and help Clacton beat cancer for good.
There will be lots of entertainment including live bands, singers and dance groups. Lots of side stalls, face painting, bouncy castles, food and drink and much more.
- Maldon Carnival, 5th August: Head along to nearby Maldon and see the colourful floats, carnival queens, majorettes and marching bands proceed along the High Street.
- Maldon Smoke and Fire Festival, 19th August: This festival at Promenade Park will allow you to taste, smell, discover and learn about all kinds of US-style low ’n’ slow BBQ’ing grilling, smoking, meats and specialities from around the globe.You will also find plenty of the exhibitors wanting to show off their latest BBQ kit, and maybe even let you sample some of their cooking!
- Purleigh Country Show, 19th August: This rural country show with arena displays. Heavy horses, vintage agricultural vehicles, classic cars, stalls and sideshows.