Shop Assistant in The Wheatgrain Shop
We are currently looking for a Shop Assistant to join our team. We’re offering seasonal full and part-time positions, with full training provided for you. We are looking for someone who has a passion for customer service and who wants to give that little extra when it comes to the customer journey. Successful applicants will demonstrate an ability to work professionally, hygienically and will be of smart appearance.
Shop Assistant Responsibilities…
- Assist shop manager with the day to day running of the store.
- Provide excellent customer service standards.
- Assist in driving sales forward and achieving sales targets.
- Assist in stocktaking procedures and to ensure merchandising and presentation of entire store is of the highest standard at all times.
- Operate the till in line with the company till operation and cash handling procedures.
- Sell and demonstrate product knowledge by advising the customer/answering queries and suggesting products as part of the customer transaction.
- And any other duties as directed by the site Manager.
Additional information about the role
- A positive highly motivated atmosphere to work in.
- Own transport is ideal due to location.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, late evenings and Bank Holidays.
Why join us?
We are a family run business that has been trading for over 70 years. Every year, there are social events for employees and regular team meetings. Each small team works together to create the ultimate productivity & have pride in the achievements of their departments. Many of our employees have been with the business for a number of years proving they are contented and fulfilled in their roles.
Email your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you might be suitable or know someone else who is. If you do not have an existing CV then please complete this form – Application Form
Join the B1025 to Mersea Island.
Cross the Strood Channel via ‘The Causeway’ and then take the left fork to East Mersea.
Take the second turning to the right and follow the brown and cream Tourist Board signs to Waldegraves.