Mersea Island dog friendly accommodation
If you’re looking to book a family holiday but don’t want to leave your best friend at home, you can expect a warm welcome for the four-legged members of your family at Waldegraves.
Our collection of dog friendly holiday homes offers you the freedom to bring your pet on holiday with you and are surrounded by breath-taking scenery thus making dog walking an absolute joy. All we ask is that dogs are kept on a lead whilst walking around the site and are not to be left unattended in your holiday home. Whether you choose a holiday home or a classic tent, your dog can join you from as little as £2 per night.
We have a special exercise and dog walking area that is set aside just for your pet, so that you can let your furry friend off the lead and chuck that favourite ball.
Our park is located next to the beach so you can soak up the sun and your furry friend can enjoy a good run around. Or, you can head for a countryside walk, just don’t forget to take a stick to play fetch with. We also have put together a list of some of our favourite walks, which are all within close proximity of our holiday park.
We welcome dogs to park if you are camping or staying in one of our dog friendly holiday homes, however they are not permitted in the bar, restaurant, swimming pool or children’s play areas, with the exception of Registered Assistance dogs . We do offer benches outside the Granary Restaurant and bar areas where you can sit and enjoy meals or refreshment with your dogs.
Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs. Doggy bags are available free of charge from Reception and Laundry.
Terms and Conditions
- We reserve the right to ask the owner of any dog considered a nuisance or to be affecting the comfort of guests, to remove it from the Park
- Please DO NOT leave your dog unattended at any time
- Dogs MUST be kept on leads at all times and kept from entering prohibited areas (restaurant, clubhouse, swimming pool, pitch & putt field, toilets & showers, laundry, shop, with the exception of assistance dogs)
- Please always clear up after your dog
- Dogs are strictly prohibited in non-pet-friendly Holiday Homes
- Dogs must be declared at the time of booking and charged for at the specified rate
- Unfortunately, we do not accept any dogs named under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 as amended from time to time, even where these types of dog are muzzled as required by government legislation