The ideal candidate for our grounds worker position should be a practical and adaptable individual with basic mechanical skills. They should be able to carry heavy items, climb and work on ladders, ideally have a driver’s license.
Site Grounds Workers contribute to providing a well maintained, appealing and safe environment helping exceed the expectations of our customers. They will also be responsible for equipment, basic maintenance of vehicles, customer service, maintaining a high level of Health & Safety for colleagues and customers.
Tasks will vary on a daily basis as determined by the Grounds Manager and will include: (training will be provided if necessary)
- Assist in the movement and siting of caravans
- Carry out holiday home repairs as directed
- Carry out concreting and laying of paving slabs, erecting sheds, maintaining and repairing of bases
- Clear blocked drains
- Comply with recommended safe working practices
- Maintain all equipment and ensure everything is in working order before use
- Report and assist in rectifying water leaks and plumbing issues
- Taking care of your own health and safety and that of your colleagues and customers
- Undertake repairs on buildings, accommodation etc as directed
- To keep the mess rooms, tool sheds and staff toilets clean and tidy
- The use and maintenance of hand tools and basic light machinery and plant
- To respond to emergencies and assist other departments in various tasks
- To be aware of and report any security risks posed within the park
- To apply chemicals where appropriate
- To undergo training as required
- Full time position
- Maintaining the grounds of the Holiday Park and Business Park
- Must be flexible and willing to work 5 days over the 7 day week, overtime available
- Some weekends and Bank Holidays may be required
- Working in a small team reporting directly the Grounds Manager
- Holiday Entitlement – 28 days inc Bank Holidays
- Pay – from £9.25 depending on skills and experience
Why join us?
We are a family run business that has been trading for over 70 years. Every year, there are social events for employees and regular team meetings. Each small team works together to create the ultimate productivity & have pride in the achievements of their departments. Many of our employees have been with the business for a number of years proving they are contented and fulfilled in their roles.
Email your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you might be suitable or know someone else who is. If you do not have an existing CV then please complete this form – Application Form
How to find Waldegraves?
Join the B1025 to Mersea Island.
Cross the Strood Channel via ‘The Causeway’ and then take the left fork to East Mersea.
Take the second turning to the right and follow the brown and cream Tourist Board signs to Waldegraves.