Get into the festive spirit with a Christmas break in Essex on Mersea Island
Christmas Breaks at Waldegraves Holiday Park start from only £299
Take the hassle out of Christmas this year with a relaxing break on Mersea Island at Waldegraves.
Book your self-catering break at our holiday park over the festive period and enjoy great on-park entertainment and sample some top festive-themed events taking place nearby!
Once again we are offering short breaks over Christmas and also at New Year, where will again be hosting our fantastic New Year’s Eve Masquerade Ball – so get your dancing shoes on! Please note that our Christmas breaks are only available via telephone – call us today on 01206 382898 to book!
December 23rd – 27th, 4 Nights Stay
Take the stress and strain out of Christmas this year and escape to beautiful Mersea Island with a stay at Waldegraves Holiday Park! Throughout the festive season, there will be a range of great entertainment on offer to our guests! We only take telephone bookings for festive breaks.
New Year’s Break
December 30th – Jan 2nd – 3 Nights Stay
Make the start of your New Year one to remember, celebrating with your friends and family on a short break at Waldegraves. Don’t forget about the Masquerade Ball on New Year’s Eve with live entertainment! 4 free NYE Party tickets per holiday home. We only take telephone bookings for festive breaks.
What else is there to see and do over the festive period?
You won’t have to venture too far to enjoy the delights of Christmas in the Essex region. There’s so much to see and do, from Christmas tree festivals and markets to gift fairs and carol concerts.
Here’s just some our favourites…
- Mulled wine and turkey tasting at Dedham Vale Vineyard, November 25th: Ease yourself into the Christmas spirit with a little help from Dedham Vale Vineyard. Drop-in for mulled wine, take advantage of Winter Wine Deals in the Shop, and you can even taste and order a local KellyBronze Turkey for Christmas.
- Christmas Winter Wonderland Weekend, December 2nd-3rd: Pick up some unique gifts at Blake House Craft Centre’s festive shopping extravaganza!
- Santa Fun Run, Castle Park, Colchester, December 10th: Take part of watch on as people of all ages dress up in Santa suits to take part in a fun run raising money for Colchester Hospitals Charity.
- Meet Santa at Colchester Castle, December 16th-17th and 21st-23rd: The Castle’s ancient Lucas Vaults will once again be transformed into a magical grotto, where families can visit Santa, take in the decorated surroundings and receive a gift from the man himself. There are a number of special packages available to make the most of this Christmas experience. You can make great savings by combining your trip to Santa with Castle admission, plus get a copy of the fun-filled children’s Christmas trail included.
- Christmas Woodland Walk, RHS Hyde Hall, December 26th: After Christmas head out on a Boxing Day walk with one of the team’s knowledgeable garden volunteers (weather permitting). This circular family-friendly stroll will take you around the Hyde Hall estate where you can take in all the sights and sounds of the seasonal woodland, simply gather at the Visitor Centre for 11am. Afterwards, warm up with a soup & scone or a mug of hot chocolate!
For these and more festive events in Essex, take a look at the dedicated events section on the Visit Essex website here.
Christmas breaks in Essex
Are you looking for the perfect escape this Christmas? Enjoy a more relaxed festive season, with a Christmas break at our holiday park from just £299! Take the stress and strain out of Christmas this year and escape to beautiful Mersea Island! We’ve got some great deals available on short Christmas breaks in Essex, including 4-night stays over Christmas from £299 and 3-night stays over New Year from just £279!
Contact us today on 01206 382898