Chef / Cook at The Granary Restaurant
We are currently looking for a Chef or a Cook who has experience of working professionally in a kitchen setting, is able to produce quality meals from raw fresh ingredients but likewise feeling comfortable dealing with fast foods at our busy times, has knowledge of food hygiene practices and knowledge of allergies and impacts. Applicants must have experience working on their own, be self-motivated and cope under pressure but most importantly you must have a passion for food.
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes within your specialty.
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety.
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins.
- Dealing with deliveries and stock rotation.
- Our business is seasonal so a flexible attitude is vital as is the ability to cope with serving 40 meals one day and 300 the next day quickly, efficiently and to the same high standard.
The skills we look for:
- Friendly and Helpful
- Fast-Paced Decision Making
- Cleanliness and attention to detail
Additional information about the role:
- A positive highly motivated atmosphere to work in.
- You will receive on-going training.
- Competitive salary dependent on suitability and experience
- Own transport is ideal due to location.
- Accommodation may be available
- Full-time, Part-time & Seasonal (April – November) positions available.
Why join us?
We are a family run business that has been trading for over 70 years. Every year, there are social events for employees and regular team meetings. Each small team works together to create the ultimate productivity & have pride in the achievements of their departments. Many of our employees have been with the business for a number of years proving they are contented and fulfilled in their roles.
Email your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you might be suitable or know someone else who is. If you do not have an existing CV then please complete this form – Application Form
Join the B1025 to Mersea Island.
Cross the Strood Channel via ‘The Causeway’ and then take the left fork to East Mersea.
Take the second turning to the right and follow the brown and cream Tourist Board signs to Waldegraves.