Bar and Waiting Staff
Key roles and responsibilities
- Providing excellent service to ensure customer satisfaction
- Taking customer orders and delivering food and beverages
- Making menu recommendations, answering questions and sharing additional information with restaurant patrons
- Greet customers in a timely and friendly manner
- Present menu (if required) and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, order slips or by memorization
- Check glassware, dishes, and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining, bar and work area
- Deliver bills and collect bill payments using either card machine or cash
- Carry dirty plates, glasses, and silverware to the kitchen for cleaning
- Will be responsible for open and closing routine when on nominated shift
Additional information about the role
- A positive highly motivated atmosphere to work in.
- You will receive on-going training.
- Own transport is ideal due to location.
- Full-time, Part-time & Seasonal (April – November) positions available. Most weekends and some Bank Holidays required.
- Enjoy staff events.
Why join us?
We are a family run business that has been trading for over 70 years. Every year, there are social events for employees and regular team meetings. Each small team works together to create the ultimate productivity & have pride in the achievements of their departments. Many of our employees have been with the business for a number of years proving they are contented and fulfilled in their roles.
Email your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you might be suitable or know someone else who is. If you do not have an existing CV then please complete this form – Application Form
Join the B1025 to Mersea Island.
Cross the Strood Channel via ‘The Causeway’ and then take the left fork to East Mersea.
Take the second turning to the right and follow the brown and cream Tourist Board signs to Waldegraves.